Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Weigh In


After one week the weigh-in. It was an imperfect week to be sure. I wanted to walk a minimum of once a day and was shooting for a morning and an afternoon walk. Consistent movement doesn't just burn a few extra calories it increases your metabolism over time. Unfortunately that part didn't go as I planned. I also had a couple of days out of the 7 where my lunches were higher in salt and fat intake I would have liked. Other than that I am pleased. The first week result is a three pound weight loss. I know after Friday's sodium filled sub at Quiznos that it is not just water weight loss. I would like to be around five pounds this week. The first two or three weeks are the quicker weight loss weeks and to reach my goal by the forth of July will take some discipline. Today is Easter Sunday so I need to make allowances for holiday foods. This is not a diet, its a lifestyle. I will enjoy a customary Easter celebration but continue with the common sense eating. I will limit the candy, avoid the gravy and butter, keep the ham at under 10 ounces and enjoy a nice day. Weight loss is free and does not have to be torturous. Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment