Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guilty Pleasures


I am not feeling the deprivation one normally gets with dieting. that's why I call it a lifestyle change. Today instead of being vegetarian I had meat at both lunch and dinner. Yet ate healthy! I was working at lunch hour when we stopped at Pollo Loco. I order a chicken breast and a cup of pinto beans and rice. I normally get a breast and a thigh and order the bean, rice and cheese burrito as my side. That meal has around 1000 calories with lots of fat. The way I ate yesterday including removal of the skin on the chicken brought my meal to barely over 400 calories. A savings of 600 calories in one meal! I went ahead and cooked steak for dinner. These very thin New York's weigh around 5 ounces each before cooking. The are higher in saturated fat than I like but the meat portion of my meal had No added sodium and contained less than three hundred calories. Add a baked potato, no butter, and some peas with pearl onions and I was completely sated and had a low fat meal. Weight loss is not only free, its cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment