
My stepson has run marathons in Florence and Paris. My best friend is 50 and can bench press more than his body weight on a free bar and is an A rated beach volleyball player. My friend the chiropractor, who is ageless, can spring ski all day in Lake Tahoe. I don't have the stamina, strength, nor flexibility to currently be their equal. I can easily briskly walk for 25 minutes and so can most of you. So I do, twice a day. When I get under 240 pounds I will increase the difficulty and length of my exercise periods. But right now I must do what I safely can to increase my metabolism.
It would be easy to make excuses and say there is no time. I am a caretaker, the sole support of a family of four, and a frequent babysitter for my energetic three year old granddaughter. But I can make time. I get up earlier and eat breakfast and then walk. I was rewarded with a view of the sun rising over the east hills near my home. I come home from work cook dinner and clean up the kitchen and then I walk again. I am not special. Anybody can do it. Weight loss is free but not easy. If it is important to you there is time.


No comments:
Post a Comment