Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kind to Myself


I am not pleased with the way I appear today. I have not been perfect on my food choices. My lunch included a burrito with sour cream, beef and guacamole as well as a side of chips. But, I have decided to be kind to me. When I am angry with myself it triggers negative results including binge eating. The old saying by those in 12 step programs is, "Progress not perfection". I am eating and exercising better then I was last week or last month but I am not perfect. I am improving and if I continue to make a sincere effort to be better that is good enough for now. Better to my family, better for my work, and most important better for myself. It took years to get to the point I am at now. I must be patient and kind to myself. My better choices will bear fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment